GLASS PANEL LOGISTICS
The automatic glass panel logistics by Urban offers a wide range of advantages:
The required glass panels are automatically made available ‚just in- time’.
Feeding-in of glass panels via automatic conveyor track. Thanks to a order related pre-registration of the panels by means of scanner and barcode, the corresponding panel can be fed-in and called-up. Manual searching of panels is not necessary anymore so that scratches and glass breakages can be reduced considerably. Heavy glass panels are no longer manually transported. This job is carried out now by a panel crane or various transport systems. Sorting of panels into different shelves is done that way. Variable number of shelves which can be extended. Moreover, there are several logistics systems available allowing an individual link-up of the glass sorting device with every existing PVC window production.
Saving of time
The sorting logistics of glass panels by Urban does not only considerably improve organisation and logistics - significant time saving is another factor.
- Automatic and in-time supply of all glass panels necessary for the glazing process.
- Sort and shelve function with automated conveyor tracks.
- Multiple scanners for the sorting and requesting of the glass panels are possible.
- Reduction of glass damages as the reloading of the glass panels onto the glass support is no longer necessary.
- Simple handling of heavy glass panels.
- The number of shelves is variable.
- Different extension steps are possible.
Standard glass panel size max. 2.5 m width and 2.2 m high. Standard glass panel thickness max. 56 mm
Measurement changes upon request.
Due to different logistics systems an adjustment into an existing production is possible at any time.
(Upon consultation of the technical department of URBAN)